By Dr. Taro Eichler, Robert Ziegler, Rohde & Schwarz
The prospect of offering large contiguous frequency bands to meet the demand for extremely high data transfer rates in the Tbit/s range is making terahertz (THz) waves a key research area for the next generation of wireless communications (6G).
This white paper offers an overview of the fundamentals of THz waves and their properties for various applications with a focus on 6G based communications.
In this white paper you will learn more about:
- Key performance requirements and research areas of 6G
- THz based communication and sensing
- Generation of THz radiation
- High-frequency semiconductor technologies
- Channel propagation measurements