The Pentek Quartz™ family is based on the Xilinx Zynq® Ultascale+™ RFSoC FPGA. Quartz brings the performance and high-density integration of the RFSoC to a wide range of different application spaces with a uniquely flexible design path. Quartz is available in standard form factors like 3U VPX, or with the QuartzXM™ Carrier Design Kit, it can be deployed on application specific custom carriers. Designed to work with Pentek’s Navigator™ Design Suite tools, the combination of Quartz and Navigator offers users a streamlined path to IP development and deployment.
The Xilinx Zynq UltraScale+ RFSoC Processor integrates eight RF-class 4 GHz 12-bit A/Ds & eight 6.4 GHz 14-bit D/As into the Zynq FPGA fabric and quad ARM Cortex-A53 and dual ARM Cortex-R5 processors, creating a multichannel data conversion and processing solution on a single chip.
Complementing the RFSoC’s on-chip resources, the Quartz board architecture adds:
- Dual 100 GigE optical interfaces for high-bandwidth data streaming
- 16 GBytes of DDR4 SDRAM
- High-signal integrity connectors for RF inputs and outputs
- Sophisticated clocking for multi-channel and multi-board synchronization
- x8 PCIe Gen 3 VPX backplane system interface
- QuartzXM eXpress Module design for flexible development and deployment
- Factory-installed IP for waveform generation, real-time data acquisition and more
For additional information on the Pentek Quartz™ family, download the family datasheet.