Source: Empower RF Systems, Inc.
This amplifier covers the 1 to 3 GHz frequency range while delivering 1 kW of broadband output power in a 5U, air-cooled chassis. Its performance and size make it an ideal solution for test and measurement, electronic warfare, and communications applications. More specifically, it’s designed for octave bandwidth high power CW, modulated, and pulse applications.
Empower RF’s model 2170 1 kW amplifier’s additional features include:
- Single RF input and output operating over the specified frequency ranges.
- User selectable configuration and operation in three different modes - AGC (Automatic Gain Control), ALC (Automatic Level Control) and MGC (Manual Gain Control).
- Optional Filter/Switches for improved harmonic rejection can be specified.
- Compact, lightweight and portable for easier maneuverability in lab environments or tactical deployments, upgrades for extreme environmental conditions.
- Enhanced ruggedness using the latest in high voltage RF transistors (GaN).
- Fast Electronic VSWR Protection providing safe and reliable operation during adverse load conditions.
- Modern and multi-faceted Monitoring and Control (M&C) user interfaces, including a Web browser, TCP/IP Ethernet, RS-485 interface and a front panel touchscreen display. (Optional IEEE-488 GPIB interface available).
- Self-Protection and Diagnostics throughout the system including currents, voltages, forward and reverse power, temperature and VSWR.
For more information on the amplifier’s features and performance specifications, download the datasheet.