Recently OctoTech Inc., an Orange County, California based startup semiconductor company announced five new Radio Frequency Integrated Circuits (RFICs) to complement its existing family RFICs in mass production now. OctoTech's RF front-end ICs are perfectly suited for IoT (Internet of Things): Sensor Nodes, Mesh Networked Elements, and Gateways which demand increased wireless range with decreased power consumption, and lower component and system-level costs. OctoTech RFICs are fabricated using low-cost silicon wafers and processes yet achieve performance and power efficiencies that compete with more costly GaAs RFICs. OctoTech RFICs enable range-extension, performance-enhancement while keeping low current consumption for a broad range of popular wireless standards including Bluetooth, Zigbee, LoRaWAN, Sigfox, and Thread.
OctoTech CEO, Edward Han said, “These additional new products round out our RFIC product offering to distinguish OctoTech as not just another IoT RF front-end, but rather one with innovative designs to enable our customers implement cutting edge solutions that will differentiate them in the market and push the industry to new applications.”
These new products provide a significant value to our customers with versatile applications, as follows:
- 8TR1215 is 2.4 GHz PA with RX Bypass and the world’s first BT/BLE RF front-end IC designed for 1.8V supply voltage with low current consumption consuming less than 1 µamp in bypass mode.
- 8TR1218 is 2.4 GHz PA with RX Bypass, low power consumption and “nearly” constant PA gain versus supply voltage, is designed for applications which do not require the traditional LNA.
- 8TR7201 is 2.4 GHz PA featuring up to +21 dBm of output power. This product is designed to be a very low-cost PA.
- 8TR1111 is OctoTech’s first sub-GHz RF front-end IC featuring +24 dBm of output power but with lower current consumption than existing solutions. It is designed for SigFox, LoRa, and other similar applications.
- 8TR8241 is the “world’s first RF front end designed to for AoA, AoD, and Location Based Services with superior RF switching speed and a “throttle down” mode to reduce current consumption.
You can find more details about OctoTech’s product offering which will partner with your strategic needs by visiting http://octotechrf.com/our-products/
About OctoTech, Inc.
Founded in 2016 and based in Irvine, California, OctoTech Inc. is a leading fabless semiconductor company, offering advanced RFIC products and solutions, which leverage proprietary RF silicon technology, meeting the challenging needs of the expanding IoT and 5G convergence systems. OctoTech Inc.’s team of seasoned industry professionals are driven to deliver leading-edge solutions to the high-growth global wireless communications market with innovative, highly efficient and creative RF designs. OctoTech is well positioned to provide high performance, multi-function, ultra-compact RF front-end components and sub-systems for wireless local area, and wide area connectivity, in the emerging IoT markets and their adjacent ecosystems, facilitating and empowering ubiquitous communications. For more information, contact firstname.lastname@example.org, or visit www.octotechrf.com.