Altair now offers HyperWorks® 14.0, the latest release of their open architecture CAE simulation platform. The platform includes several new products, feature enhancements, and updated functionalities for use in designing and optimizing high-performance, weight-efficient, and innovative products.This is the first release of FEKO within HyperWorks, with HyperWorks version numbering being adopted.
In order to help users get to the right design, accelerate process times, and access the latest technologies, HyperWorks® 14.0 offers best-in-class modeling, linear and non-linear analysis, structural optimization, fluid and multi-body dynamics simulation, visualization, and data management solutions.
There are hundreds of new features offered in this release. Key highlights include:
- OptiStruct’s capabilities: includes more nonlinear analysis, new contact and optimization algorithms, numerous improvements in solution speed, and a new solution for the design and optimization of lattice structures to support additive manufacturing
- HyperMesh: new part and assembly workflow which promotes flow of data directly from Product Data Management (PDM) data structures up to 15x faster for large FE models with solid elements, and up to 60x faster for geometry models, while using less hardware memory
- Multiscale Designer: practical tool for the seamless integration of modeling, simulation, testing and optimization of engineered products using complex materials
- FEKO: best-in-class software for electromagnetic simulation related to antenna design and placement, electromagnetic compatibility, radar cross-section, and other applications. It is now fully merged into HyperWorks with added features to reduce modeling and computation time. An integration with HyperStudy has been added for advanced optimization.
- MotionSolve: improved 3D rigid-to-rigid contact and advanced co-simulation capabilities, and the automotive multi-body simulation library has been expanded for full vehicle simulations
- HyperWorks Unlimited Solver Node: alternate solver licensing scheme offering unprecedented enterprise-scale value
- Click2Cast: easiest casting process simulation on the market, requiring neither special training nor an extensive technical user background
For more new features, options, and advancements of the HyperWorks® 14.0 release, download the brochure.