Defense Electronics Manufacturer Celebrates Holiday Season by Giving Back to Community
dB Control, a manufacturer of reliable, high-powered microwave amplifiers, radar/electronic countermeasure (ECM) transmitters and power supplies, participated in numerous community outreach projects this year. Several of the company’s corporate social initiatives were featured in a recent Fremont Business Review article written by dB Control’s Human Resources Generalist Maricela Castro. The company’s philanthropic ventures include:
- American Cancer Society: participated in a 5K Making Strides Against Breast Cancercharity walk to raise funds for cancer research, support and medical care
- Alameda County Community Food Bank: collected non-perishable food for the less fortunate
- Viola Blythe Community Service Center: organized a toy drive to support local children in need (Newark, Calif.)
- U.S. Army: provided Frisbees (originally developed as tradeshow giveaways) for troops to use as water dishes for pets, or for recreational fun
- Kennedy High School: donated printer toner as part of a recycling fundraiser (Fremont, Calif.)
“When a company is successful, it’s easy to get caught up in day-to-day activities. Fortunately, everyone at dB Control is committed to sharing our success with our community. We don’t give back because we have to. We give back because it’s the right thing to do,” said dB Control Director of Marketing Steven Olson.
Suggestions for corporate social initiatives can be found in the most recent issue of the Fremont Business Review (http://www.dbcontrol.com/giving-corporate/).
About dB Control
Established in 1990, dB Control Corp., a subsidiary of the Electronic Technologies Group (ETG) of HEICO Corp., supplies mission-critical, often sole-source, products worldwide to military organizations, as well as to major defense contractors and commercial manufacturers. dB Control designs and manufactures reliable high-power TWT Amplifiers (TWTAs), microwave power modules (MPMs), transmitters and power supplies with modulators for radar, electronic countermeasures (ECM), data links, communications and instrumentation applications. The company’s high-power amplifiers use solid state, as well as vacuum electron devices and cover the 1 to 50 GHz frequency range. The modularity of dB Control’s designs enables rapid configuration of custom products for a variety of platforms, including ground-based and high-altitude military manned and unmanned aircraft. dB Control has an outstanding record of successfully repairing, refurbishing and replacing tightly packaged high-voltage transformers, assemblies and power supplies. The company offers specialized contract manufacturing, transformer winding and testing, full vacuum encapsulation, pressure cure, conformal coating and repair depot services from its modern 52,100-square-foot facilities in Fremont, California.