Wilmington, MASS. (June 21, 2022) — Analog Devices, Inc. (ADI) introduced today an 800MHz to 12.8GHz synthesizer for high performance ultra-wideband data converter and synchronization applications. The new ADF4377 synthesizer enables excellent signal-to-noise performance by providing an ultra-clean clock source to drive the signal sampling process. This allows next generation wideband receivers and transmitters to utilize higher levels of dynamic range, which leads to greater receiver sensitivity and transmitter spectral purity. The performance is achieved by the ADF4377 synthesizer delivering jitter levels below 18fs rms as a consequence of the low normalized in-band phase noise at -239dBc/Hz, -147dBc/Hz normalized 1/f noise and a wideband voltage control oscillator (VCO) noise floor of -160dBc/Hz.
The ADF4377 synthesizer is suitable for applications such as radar, instrumentation, and wideband receivers requiring multiple data converters or mixed-signal front-end (MxFE) digitizers to operate together. The ADF4377 significantly simplifies the alignment and calibration routines by allowing groups of data converters to sample their signals in precise alignment with each other. This is fundamental to the operation of next generation ultra-wideband multi-channel systems and is achieved by implementing:
- Automatic reference to output synchronization.
- Extremely well-matched reference to output delays across process (3ps part to part), voltage, and temperature (0.03ps/C).
- Sub-ps, jitter free reference to output delay adjustment capability (+/- 0.1ps).
These features allow for predictable and precise multi-chip clock and SYSREF alignment. JESD204B and JESD204C subclass 1 solutions are supported by pairing the ADF4377 synthesizer with an IC that distributes pairs of reference and SYSREF signals. The ADF4377 integrates all necessary power supply bypass capacitors, saving board space on compact boards.
ADF4377 Key Features:
- Output frequency range: 800 MHz to 12.8 GHz
- Jitter = 18 fs rms (Integration BW: 100 Hz to 100 MHz)
- Wideband Noise Floor: -160 dBc/Hz @12 GHz
- PLL Specifications:
- -239 dBc/Hz: Normalized In-Band Phase Noise Floor
- -147 dBc/Hz: Normalized In-Band 1/f Noise
- Phase Detector Frequency up to 500 MHz
- Reference to Output Delay Specifications:
- Part-to-Part Standard Deviation: 3 ps
- Temperature Drift: 0.03 ps/℃
- Multi-chip Output Phase Alignment
Pricing and Availability
||Price Each Per 1,000
7 mmx 7 mm
48 Lead LGA
About Analog Devices
Analog Devices, Inc. operates at the center of the modern digital economy, converting real-world phenomena into actionable insight with its comprehensive suite of analog and mixed signal, power management, radio frequency (RF), and digital and sensor technologies. ADI serves 125,000 customers worldwide with more than 75,000 products in the industrial, communications, automotive, and consumer markets. ADI is headquartered in Wilmington, MA. Visit http://www.analog.com.