500W High Power Amplifier, 3U ChassisSource: Empower RF Systems, Inc.
Empower RF Systems continues to leverage next generation hardware and software architecture with the next series of the ‘’size matters” portfolio - 500W in 3U chassis. This new Power Amplifier family operates in the frequency ranges of 20 - 500 MHz (Model 2173), 500 - 1000 MHz (Model 2174) and 20 - 1000 MHz (Model 2175) with the output power guaranteed over full bandwidth and temperature.
- size, weight and power delivery. 500W CW in a 3U chassis in this frequency range is unprecedented. Pulse applications in narrower bandwidths can also be addressed – pulse power up to 2 kW.
- remote access user experience. This revolutionary innovation of Empower’s new generation software has the feature rich menu which includes not only the software update process, but also real time monitoring, protection and control, sensor driven dynamic adjustments to the amplifier while in operation, remote user access, and a selection of communications protocols that can be enabled by the end user during system set up. The software update capability can also be exercised via a "direct connect" link, if permitted by the customer, from Empower to the fielded amplifier via the amplifier's embedded web server.
- utilizing high power LDMOS devices that provide wide frequency response, high gain, high peak power capability and low intermodulation distortion.
- configurable, universal power supply [single phase, two phase, three phase]. It provides status and operating conditions for the modular power supplies that are integral to the HPA.
- 500W P3dB, minimum – full bandwidth under all specified temperatures and environmentals [-10 to +50 C ambient temperature]
- product line platform - configurable without being custom.
- minimal touch design, which eliminates a number of manual manufacturing process steps – DME analysis and a full set of factory acceptance tests.