Spectrum Analyzer: BB60ASource: Signal Hound
Signal Hound’s BB60A combines a real-time spectrum analyzer and an RF recorder in a 7.63” x 3.19” x 1.19” package. This page will focus on the spectral analysis function of the device.
When used as a spectrum analyzer, the BB60A tunes from the 9 kHz to 6 GHz frequency range. Signal Hound’s Application Programming Interface allows the analyzer to stream 20MHz or 7MHz RF sampled bandwidths to the PC. Streaming time domain samples or FFT generated spectral data is then delivered to either their open-source Graphical User Interface, or to your own software program. If you elect to use Signal Hound’s software, you’ll have access to 2-D waterfall or 3-D topographical views, and a GPU-accelerated color persistence mode.
The BB60A is ideal for engineers and repair technicians, as well as for applications involving spectrum monitoring, manufacturing process control, EMC testing, telecommunications, and federal compliance testing. . However, it also supports a 1 pulse-per-second input that provides 50 ns timing accuracy, making it useful for GPS time stamping applications.
Additional features include:
- Wide dynamic range: -152 dBm to +10 dBm
- Resolution bandwidths (RBW) of 10 Hz to 10 MHz
- No external power supply needed - draws power from USB
- Powerful Digital Signal Processing happens on the PC
- Software and Hardware included for one low price
- Compatible with Windows 7 and Windows 8 operating systems
- USB 3.0 SuperSpeed communications
- 140 MB/sec sustained throughput to PC
For more information the BB60A spectrum analyzer’s features and specifications, download the datasheet.