Richardson RFPD Introduces New Dual, 14-Bit, 170 MSPS/250 MSPS ADC From ADI
High speed serial interface reduces board routing requirements and lowers pin count requirements
Richardson RFPD, Inc. recently announces immediate availability and full design support capabilities for a new dual, 14-bit analog-to-digital converter (ADC) from Analog Devices, Inc. (ADI).
The AD9250 is designed to support applications where low cost, small size, wide bandwidth, and versatility are important. The device cores feature a multistage, differential pipelined architecture with integrated output error correction logic, as well as wide bandwidth inputs supporting a variety of user-selectable input ranges. An integrated voltage reference eases design considerations. A duty cycle stabilizer is provided to compensate for variations in the ADC clock duty cycle, allowing the converters to maintain excellent performance. The JESD204B-compatible output connects seamlessly to high speed field-programmable gate arrays (FPGAs), enables precise multi-channel converter synchronization, reduces board routing requirements, and lowers pin count requirements for the receiving device.
The AD9250 is ideally-suited for communications applications like LTE, EDGE/GSM, CDMA, TD-SCDMA, DOCSIS 3.0, smart antenna systems, electronic test and measurement, radar, IED detection and jamming systems, and more.
Key features of the AD9250 include:
- Sample rates of up to 250 MSPS
- IF sampling frequencies of up to 400 MHz
- Signal-to-noise ratio (SNR) = 70.6 dBFS at 185 MHz AIN and 250 MSPS
- Spurious-free dynamic range (SFDR) = 88 dBc at 185 MHz AIN and 250 MSPS
- Total power consumption: 711 mW at 250 MSPS
- JESD204B Subclass 0 or Subclass 1 coded serial digital outputs
- Integer 1-to-8 input clock divider
- Internal analog-to-digital converter (ADC) voltage reference
- Flexible analog input range
- 1.4 V p-p to 2.0 V p-p (1.75 V p-p nominal)
- ADC clock duty cycle stabilizer (DCS)
- 95 dB channel isolation/crosstalk
- Serial port control
- Energy saving power-down modes
- User-configurable, built-in self-test (BIST) capability
- 1.8 V supply voltage
The device is in stock and available for immediate delivery. To find more information, or to purchase the device today on the Richardson RFPD website, please visit the AD9250 webpage. Please find your local sales engineer (worldwide) at Local Sales Support. To learn more about additional products from ADI, please visit the ADI storefront webpage.
About Richardson RFPD, Inc.:
Richardson RFPD, Inc., an Arrow Electronics company, is a global leader in the RF and wireless communications, power conversion and renewable energy markets. Relationships with the industry’s top component suppliers enable Richardson RFPD to meet the total engineering needs of each customer. Whether it’s designing components or engineering complete solutions, Richardson RFPD’s worldwide design centers and technical sales team provide support for all aspects of customers’ go-to-market strategy, from prototype to production. For more information, visit www.richardsonrfpd.com.
SOURCE: Richardson RFPD, Inc.