FEKO: Comprehensive Electromagnetic Simulation Tool
FEKO is a comprehensive electromagnetic simulation software tool, based on state of the art computational electromagnetics (CEM) techniques. It enables users to solve a wide range of electromagnetic problems.
The multiple solution techniques available within FEKO make it applicable to a wide range of problems for a large array of industries. Typical applications include:
- Antennas: analysis of horns, microstrip patches, wire antennas, reflector antennas, conformal antennas, broadband antennas, arrays
- Antenna placement: analysis of antenna radiation patterns, radiation hazard zones, etc. with an antenna placed on a large structure, e.g. ship, aircraft, armoured car
- EMC: analysis of diverse EMC problems including shielding effectiveness of an enclosure, cable coupling analysis in complex environments, e.g. wiring in a car, radiation hazard analysis
- Bio-electromagnetics: analysis of homogeneous or non-homogeneous bodies, SAR extraction
- RF components: analysis of waveguide structures, e.g. filter, slotted antennas, directional couplers
- 3D EM circuits: analysis of microstrip filters, couplers, inductors, etc.
- Radomes: analysis of multiple dielectric layers in a large structure
- Scattering problems: RCS analysis of large and small structures
45 day Free Evaluation of FEKO is available.
FEKO is a product of EM Software & Systems (SA) Pty Ltd.
EM Software & Systems (USA) Inc is established to distribute and support FEKO in the United States, Canada, and Mexico.
Antenna Magus is the first design tool of its kind. Its huge searchable collection of antennas can be explored to find, design and export models of designed antennas to FEKO.
Antenna Magus does not aim to replace electromagnetic analysis tools like FEKO. It reduces the time to find and assess feasible antenna topologies for any given application, providing reliable initial designs and validated simulation models. It complements FEKO very well, as important tools within the antenna synthesis process.