Richardson RFPD Introduces Five New Solid State Drives From Microsemi
Designed to operate over two different temperature operating ranges; Ideally suited for defense, aerospace, and high-security commercial applications
Richardson RFPD, Inc. recently announces availability and full design support capabilities for five new solid state drives (SSDs) from Microsemi Corporation (Microsemi).
Designed to meet the stringent requirements of sensitive military and high-security commercial applications, the devices offer high reliability, a range of security features and options, and are available in rugged, small form factors. They are ideally-suited for ruggedized mobile systems, surveillance, avionics, navigation and ruggedized portable storage applications.
Security features available on the SSDs include self-monitoring, analysis and reporting technology, as well as encryption, authentication, information assurance, and self-destruct technologies.
Key features of the TRRUST-Stor MSD128AS0R-000I include:
- Host accessible capacity: 50 GB or 100 GB
- Sustained sequential reads and writes: 100 MB/s
- Commands: ATA-7, ATA-8
- Media: SLC NAND flash—10 times greater write endurance than MLC flash
- Form factor: 2.5" (100.45 MAX x 69.85 x 9.5 mm)
- Power: 5V +/- 10%
- Operating temperature: -40º C to +85º C
Key features of the MSM048BM2L-M00C, MSM048BM2L-M00I, MSM096BM2L-M00C and MSM096BM2L-M00I include:
- Host accessible capacity: 37.5 and 75 GB
- Host interface: 1.5 Gb/s and 3 GB/s SATA 2.6
- Dimensions: 32 mm x 28 mm x 6 mm
- Density enhancement: 900 mm2 vs. 2300 mm2; results in a 60% space reduction over conventional PCB designs
- On-chip power supply, single input voltage: 3.3 to 5V
- Operating temperature: -40º C to +85º C (I version); 0º C to +70º C (C version)
The devices are in stock and available for immediate delivery. To find more information, or to purchase these products today on the Richardson RFPD website, please visit the Microsemi Solid State Drives webpage. The devices are also available by calling 1-800-737-6937 (within North America); or please find your local sales engineer (worldwide) at Local Sales Support. To learn more about additional products from Microsemi, please visit the Microsemi storefront webpage.
About Richardson RFPD, Inc.
Richardson RFPD, Inc., an Arrow Electronics company, is a global leader in the RF and wireless communications, power conversion and renewable energy markets. Relationships with the industry’s top component suppliers enable Richardson RFPD to meet the total engineering needs of each customer. Whether it’s designing components or engineering complete solutions, Richardson RFPD’s worldwide design centers and technical sales team provide support for all aspects of customers’ go-to-market strategy, from prototype to production. For more information, visit www.richardsonrfpd.com.
Follow Richardson RFPD on Twitter at www.twitter.com/Richardson_RFPD.
To subscribe to Richardson RFPD’s New Products e-newsletter, visit www.richardsonrfpd.com/subscribe.
SOURCE: Richardson RFPD, Inc.