RF Booster Amplifier for Tactical Radio Equipment: AR-55LSource: AR Modular RF
This RF booster amplifier covers the 1200 to 1900 MHz frequency range and is ideal for integration into tactical radio equipment. Like all of AR Modular RF’s booster products, AR-55L can be used in drop box kits, UAVs, all different sizes of aircrafts, and even water-borne vehicles.
The AR-55L booster amplifier has been designed for use with ANW2, WNW, and SRW networking formats. It features 24V vehicle power supply Voltage Spike, a noise suppression DC line filter, RF sensing, T/R switching, Automatic Level Control (ALC), protection against antenna mismatch, protection against over-temperature, and protection against accidental polarity reversal. It weighs 6 lb and measures in at 2.5” x 6.0” x 7.5”.
Specifications for AR Modular RF’s AR-55L booster amplifier include:
- Power Output: 50 Watts PEP
- Input Power Range: 2-5 Watts PEP
- RF Keying Sensitivity: <1 Watt PEP typical
- T/R Switchover Time: <10µs
- Insertion Loss Bypass Mode: 2 dB typical
- Insertion Loss Active RX 3 dB nominal
- Modulation: modern complex tactical communications waveforms like ANW2
- Duty Cycle: tactical operations 100% for ANW2 networking modulations
- Input/Output Impedance: 50 Ohm nominal
- Input VSWR: 1.5:1 nominal
- Harmonics: Better than -60 dBc typical
- Spurious Outputs: Better than -70 dBc
For more information on general, environmental, and mechanical specifications for the AR-55L RF booster amplifier, download the datasheet.