GPS L1/L2 Antenna: Model 8200Source: Haigh-Farr, Inc.
Haigh‐Farr Model 8200 is a low profile rugged GPS L1/L2 antenna, which may be provided flat or curved to naturally mate with cylindrical or conical surfaces. The antenna utilizes Haigh‐Farr’s well‐proven fabrication techniques and is designed to operate in high dynamic environments as well as space.
The radiating elements sit in a steel frame which has an integral RF connector. In other words, the connector and frame are made from one piece, thereby eliminating a typical weak spot – connector attachment. An ablative material is utilized to protect the top of the radiating elements for high aero‐heating applications.
- Operating Band: L1/L2 ± 10 MHz
- Impedance: 50 Ohms Nominal
- VSWR: 1.5:1 typical, 2:1 max at band edges (over temperature)
- Polarization: RHC
- Radiation Patterns: Hemispherical
- Connectors: One SMA female
- Approx. Dimensions: See datasheet (Antenna may be provided flat or curved for conformal fit to cylindrical, conical and some compound surfaces)
- Finish: All exposed metallic surfaces either nickel-plated per QQ-N-290 or passivated stainless steel.
- Environmentals: Typical for supersonic tactile missiles, rockets, satellites, launch vehicles, aircraft and spacecraft.
- Mounting / Securing: Adhesive and/or Screw
- Construction: The antenna is of embedded microstrip construction with all circuitry contained inside, and thus, well protected.