EM Simulation SoftwareSource: Altair Engineering Inc
FEKO software is a comprehensive computational electromagnetics (CEM) code based on the accurate "full wave" Method of Moments (MoM). The leading implementation of the Multilevel Fast Multipole Method (MLFMM) and the MoM hybrid with asymptotic high frequency techniques (PO and UTD) allows simulation of electrically large problems, e.g. antenna placement. Several techniques including Finite Element Method (FEM) available for dielectric regions.
FEKO software is a suite of tools that is used for electromagnetic field analysis of 3-D structures. FEKO software simulations are based on the Method of Moments (MoM) approximation to Maxwell’s equations and features several extensions to the MoM for the solution of complex problems, including large structures (MLFMM) and human tissue (FEM). Various output parameters can be computed and displayed in a number of formats to make FEKO software a leading electromagnetic simulation software suite.
Software Solution Methods
- Method of Moments (MoM), extended to a wide range of applications e.g. dielectric volumes, planar multilayered structures, dielectric and magnetic coatings, thin dielectric sheets, ground plane reflections.
- Multilevel Fast Multipole Method (MLFMM)
- Finite Element Method (FEM)
- Physical Optics (PO)
- Geometrical Optics for dielectrics (GO)
- Uniform Theory of Diffraction (UTD)
- 3-D Antenna design
- Microstrip antennas (Planar and conformal)
- Microstrip circuits
- Antenna placement
- EMC analysis (Including complex cable harness)
- Dielectric bodies (SAR)
- Scattering analysis (RCS)
- True hybridisation (MoM with FEM, PO, GO, UTD)
- Parallel processing
- Out-of-core solution (Memory swapped from RAM to hard drive)
- Wide range of hardware supported (Including 64-bit)
- Time domain data (TIMEFEKO manages the excitation pulse description and required FFT)
- Optimisation (Fully specified in CADFEKO GUI)
- Adaptive Frequency Interpolation (AFS)