Conformal GPS L1 AntennaSource: Haigh-Farr, Inc.
Haigh‐Farr’s Model 8070 is a thin, rugged GPS L1 antenna, which may be provided flat or curved to naturally mate with cylindrical or conical surfaces.
The antenna utilizes Haigh‐Farr’s well‐proven fabrication techniques and is designed to operate in high dynamic environments. The antenna includes a thermal protective cover and is space qualified.
- Operating Band: L1 (1575.42 ± 12 MHz)
- Impedance: 50 Ohms nominal
- VSWR: 1.5:1 typical, 2.2:1 max (over temperature)
- Polarization: Right hand circular
- Radiation Patterns: Hemispherical
- Connector: SMA female (other types, including direct cable feed, are available)
- Approx. Dimensions: See attached drawing (antenna may be provided flat or curved for conformal fit to cylindrical, conical and some compound surfaces)
- Finish: All exposed metallic surfaces either nickel-plated per QQ-N-290 or passivated stainless steel.
- Environmentals: Typical for supersonic tactical missiles, rockets, satellites, launch vehicles, aircraft and spacecraft.
- Mounting / Securing: Adhesive and/or screw – The antenna may be screwed to the vehicle through the stainless steel inserts, which provide a load bearing surface for a #4 or M2.5 flathead screw.
- Construction: The antenna is of microstrip construction with all circuitry contained inside, and thus, well protected. In addition, a thermal protective cover is utilized, which provides protection from aeroheating. This construction has been utilized in several Mach 3 and higher applications.