API Technologies Debuts GaN Power Amplifier Drivers At The International Microwave Symposium
New broadband GaN drivers feature a complete front-to-back amplifier solution
IEEE MTT-S International Microwave Symposium (IMS 2014), Booth #1515 – API Technologies Corp. (“API” or the “Company”), a leading provider of high performance RF/microwave, power, and security solutions for critical and high-reliability applications, debuts a new line of Gallium Nitride (GaN) drivers to provide a complete, front-to-back amplifier solution for applications requiring high levels of gain and output power.
These hybrid-basedpower amplifier drivers are an extension of the Company’s broad RF and microwave amplifier product offering, which includes small signal, low noise, and high power output products, for commercial, military, medical, and industrial applications.
API’s GaN power amplifier driversare ideal for use in applications includes radar, communication transmitters, jamming systems, optical drivers, and medical imaging electronics. Their broadband capabilities and rugged architecture make them ideal for use in harsh environmental or weather conditions, such as communications systems in developing countries or field-deployed military equipment.
The driversare manufactured in the United States and utilize in-house thin and thick film technologies, as well as Surface Mount Technology (SMT).Leveraging a mixed SMT and chip-and-wire process in the manufacture of these products ensures exceptional reliability and stability in a highly compact, hermetically sealed package.
Dennis Barrick, technical marketing manager, RF/Microwave & Microelectronics (RF2M-US), API Technologies, said, “With the ability to operate without damage over a wide range of input and output VSWR conditions, these power amp drivers are ideal for a variety of high powered amplifier applications including both API-designed and customer-designed power amplifier products.”
Full environmental screening and 100% electrical testing over temperature is available to ensure compliance with customer specification requirements`.
- Operating frequencies up to 26 GHz
- Broad range of output levels from 500mW to 500W
- Drivers and power amplifiers offered in class “A”, “AB” linear, and “C” designs
- Void free die attach processes
- In-house chip and wire (hybrid) and SMT manufacturing
- Semiconductor technologies offered include GaN, MOSFET, Bipolar, LDMOS, GaAs MESFET, and GaAs pHEMT
- QBS-598: http://micro.apitech.com/pdf/amplifier/QBS-598.pdf
- QBS-559: http://micro.apitech.com/pdf/amplifier/QBS-559.pdf
- QBS-560: http://micro.apitech.com/pdf/amplifier/QBS-560.pdf
- QBS-561: http://micro.apitech.com/pdf/amplifier/QBS-561.pdf
- QB-904: http://micro.apitech.com/pdf/amplifier/QB-904.pdf
- QB-925: http://micro.apitech.com/pdf/amplifier/QB-925.pdf
About API Technologies Corp.
API Technologies is an innovative designer and manufacturer of high performance systems, subsystems, modules, and components for technically demanding RF, microwave, millimeter wave, electromagnetic, power, and security applications. A high-reliability technology pioneer with over 70 years of heritage, API Technologies products are used by global defense, industrial, and commercial customers in the areas of commercial aerospace, wireless communications, medical, oil and gas, electronic warfare, unmanned systems, C4ISR, missile defense, harsh environments, satellites, and space. For more information, visit www.apitech.com or http://micro.apitech.com.
SOURCE: API Technologies Corporation