Agilent Technologies Introduces Industry's First 100G Ethernet Compliance Test Applications
Agilent Technologies Inc. recently introduced the industry’s first compliance test applications for 100 Gigabit Ethernet networking systems. The Agilent N8830A 100GBASE-CR4, N8829A 100GBASE-KR4 and N8828A 40GBASE-CR4/100GBASE-CR10 test applications help network-design engineers accelerate turn-on and debugging of 100G Ethernet networking systems. The new applications automate the execution of physical-layer tests on Agilent Infiniium 90000 X-Series and 90000 Q-Series oscilloscopes and the new Z-Series oscilloscopes with up to 63-GHz bandwidth.
100G Ethernet is leading the way to wider bandwidths across network backbones and data center networking infrastructure. This technology has increased the need for more comprehensive compliance testing.
Agilent’s 100G Ethernet compliance applications provide an automated test script that allows quick and reliable testing of 100G Ethernet transmitter signals. Engineers can automate the application to run over extended periods of time and as well as add incremental user-defined tests.
Additional information about Agilent’s 100G Ethernet compliance applications is available online at www.agilent.com/find/100G-CR4,www.agilent.com/find/100G-KR4 and www.agilent.com/find/100G-CR10.
U.S. Pricing and Availability
- The N8830A 100GBASE-CR4 Ethernet compliance application and N8829A 100GBASE-KR4 Ethernet compliance application are priced at $8,280 each.
- The N8828A 40GBASE-CR4 /100GBASE-CR10 Ethernet compliance application is priced at $6,900.
- The N8830A 100GBASE-CR4 and N8829A 100GBASE-KR4 Ethernet compliance applications are compatible with all currently shipping Infiniium real-time oscilloscopes that have 63-GHz bandwidth.
- The N8828A 40GBASE-CR4/100GBASE-CR10 Ethernet compliance application is compatible with all currently shipping Infiniium real-time oscilloscopes that have at least 25-GHz bandwidth.
- Agilent’s complete oscilloscope portfolio includes instruments with a variety of form factors with bandwidths from 20 MHz to 90 GHz.
About Agilent Technologies
Agilent Technologies Inc. is the world’s premier measurement company and a technology leader in chemical analysis, life sciences, diagnostics, electronics and communications. The company’s 20,600 employees serve customers in more than 100 countries. Agilent had revenues of $6.8B in fiscal 2013. For more information, visit www.agilent.com.
On Sept. 19, 2013, Agilent announced plans to separate into two publicly traded companies through a tax-free spinoff of its electronic measurement business. The new company is named Keysight Technologies, Inc. The separation is expected to be completed in early November 2014.
SOURCE: Agilent Technologies