Aeroflex Announces 978 MHz UAT Option For The IFR6000
Aeroflex Incorporated, a wholly owned subsidiary of Aeroflex Holding Corp., announced recently the release of a new option to the IFR6000, the most widely used and popular avionics transponder test set available. The new IFR6000 UAT Option 5 allows for easy, user friendly installation support and verification of ADSB/TIS-B and FIS-B information over 978 MHz frequency for aircraft flying below 18,000 feet. UAT transceivers will also be installed on airport ground support equipment (fuel trucks, life support and emergency equipment) whose installations will also need to be verified.
The IFR6000 Option 5 will allow independent testing of each UAT function in a menu driven format and follows the same setup and execution procedures of any other IFR6000 capability. Features include:
- Simulation of TIS-B, FIS-B, and ADS-B positional data information
- Receive, capture and decode ADS-B transmissions from airborne UAT transceivers
- Display aircraft AA ICAO address, LAT/LONG and other vector information
- Test screens provide up to five static intruders and entry for UUT LAT/LONG and UUT heading, with independent bearing and range for each intruder.
- Display of METARS/TAF information
The IFR 6000 Option 5 for UAT capability can either be retrofitted into a unit already in use or included as an installed feature in a new unit at the time of order.
Pricing and delivery
Aeroflex IFR 6000 UAT Option 5 pricing and delivery information are available by contacting your local Aeroflex sales office.
Aeroflex Holding Corp. is a leading global provider of high performance microelectronic components, and test and measurement equipment used by companies in the space, avionics, defense, commercial wireless communications, medical and other markets.
SOURCE: Aeroflex Holding Corp.