VHF And UHF Directional Antenna SeriesSource: Bird Technologies
Bird Technologies Group (BTG) utilizes over 25 years of experience and patented technology to provide antennas with an unrivaled combination of wide bandwidth, high gain, excellent power handling ability, and superior pattern control and shaping – all this with world-class PIM performance specifications.
The latest additions to the antenna line are the VHF and UHF Directional Antenna series.
- Tailor coverage areas with a choice of azimuth patterns from 60° to 180°
- Greater frequency re-use with high front to back ratio, up to 28 dB
- Speedy deployment with flat-pack shipping for easy handling and on-site assembly
- Simulcast signals by utilizing tightly controlled patterns with med and high gain, up to 11 dBd
- Protect your investment with direct DC ground lightning protection and static noise reduction
Directivity is achieved by adding field-installable screens to BTG's offset dipole array antennas. This combination yields an industry leading dual-sectioned antenna with PIM ratings of -140dBc!
Do you have problems with passive intermodulation (PIM)? You may if this sounds familiar:
- Shrinking cell coverage or dropped calls
- Falling data transmission rates
- High noise level at receiver and no control loop issues
- No problem detected from antenna sweeping
PIM is of particular concern when:
- Two or more transmitter channels share a common antenna.
- Transmitter signal levels are high.
- Transmitters and receivers share a common antenna
- And resulting IM products fall in the receive band.
BTG offers the following antenna types, all with world-class PIM specifications.
Corporate collinear: With a patent pending design, each corporate fed dipole element is precisely placed on a single, flexible PCB enabling maximum gain and side lobe suppression.
Meander collinear: The patented series fed element design provides a balance between high performance and cost-effectiveness, allowing the PIM rated meander to be price competitive with non-PIM rated collinear antennas.
Omni-directional, offset, and elliptical dipole array: All welded construction and new fabrication techniques have proven to minimize intermodulation and offer superior lightning resistance. A unique phasing arrangement provides extensive side lobe suppression and null fill characteristics. The patented corporate feed design ensures excellent vertical pattern control and shaping, low loss, and beam-tilt that does not vary over the operating bandwidth of the antenna.
Bird Technologies Group: YOU'RE HEARD, LOUD AND CLEAR.