PCBA-Turnkey ServicesSource: Abante Services
Abante offers a full spectrum of PCBA services, including related turnkey offerings.
|PCBA-Design||PCBA-Prototyping||PCBA-Procurement of Components|
|PCBA-Integration and Box Builds|
Turnkey Services for PCBAs
There are many steps and processes leading to the completion of a printed circuit board assembly. Our customers can perform any of these steps themselves, manage the overall process using multiple vendors, or purchase the completed assembly or box-build in a turnkey fashion.
For a customer, the advantages of turnkey purchasing include refocusing the customer's resources to the area of highest value and minimizing overall risk. Purchasing turnkey PCBAs means having one point of contact and paying only for parts that pass functional testing. By our performing many or all the processes ourselves, overall coordination is greatly improved, as is throughput time.
Abante offers complete PBCA turnkey solutions as well as even greater integration and box-builds. The links above detail our offerings.
Abante provides a wide range of PCB design services such as schematic capture and PCB layout using industry-leading design software tools like OrCAD.
During the development of your product, our PCB designers will work closely with the electrical engineers and mechanical engineers to ensure that the placement of parts meets both circuit and mechanical architecture needs. Typically, we will be providing assembly services for the PCBs we design, so you will benefit from an uncommonly tight connection between design and manufacture, resulting in efficient assembly and testing with high yields during production.
Similarly, we employ experts in PCB component purchasing, including the PCB iteself, and normally are responsible for the purchasing function on our designs. We have relationships with a large number of board manufacturers and can find the best source of PCBs to meet your development schedule and prototyping needs.
Our services and capabilities include:
- Single-sided, double-sided, and multi-layer boards
- Rigid and flexible circuits
- Surface mount, through-hole, and mixed technology
- Design for manufacturability (DFM)
- Design for testability (DFT)
- Change management and documentation,
- PCB manufacturing files
- Assembly data
- Bill of Materials
- Solder paste stencil files
- SMD placement files
- Test point files
A subset of the design phase, prototyping of PCB Assemblies means building an actual circuit to a theoretical design to verify that it achieves intended performance, and to provide a physical platform for debugging it if it does not. Collaborative prototyping enables error detection and other potential manufacturing issues before the design is finalized. During this process, we are typically able to provide valuable feedback regarding Design for Manufacturability and Testability, saving our customers time and money.
Whether or not we are performing PCB Assembly design services, we proactively serve our customers' needs for prototypes and dedicate a portion of highly-reconfigurable production lines to the function. By so doing, we are able to provide:
- Order quantities as small as one board
- Turn-around times as short as 24 hours, depending on complexity
By its very nature, the prototyping process requires flexibility on our part to adapt to our customers' evolving designs (and related changes in Bills of Material) and shifting project schedules.
To test the PCB Assembly further, a Pilot Run normally follows the Prototyping stage. In the Pilot Run, a small quantity of units (usually 50 or so) are field-trialed in a beta test. The Pilot run is also an opportunity to assess the manufacturability of the design, and the usefulness and sufficiency of the documentation that is developed and assembled in the design phase.
Sourcing and Procurement of Components
Abante offers access to some of the world's best, most cost-efficient vendors. Contact us with your specific needs.
We maintain a network of vendors covering a wide range of industries and applications, but we are specialists in components for PCBA. Our sourcing process includes:
- Qualification of vendors- site visits, customer references, history of working experience
- Quotes from multiple vendors/distributors
- To reduce cost or improve lead times, recommendation of substitution of Bill of Material components and administration of the related customer approval process
- Consolidated purchasing discounts- with multiple opportunities presented to each vendor, we receive preferential pricing discounts that our customers would not be able to negotiate with their own lower volumes
- In-country purchasing and price negotiations to avoid export-based pricing premiums. By purchasing materials in-country, we save on freight costs, reduce lead times, and avoid the premium placed on goods exported to more established economies such as the U.S.
- Sample and prototype provision prior to production
- Quality control and assurance services by Abante resources
- Logistics support including delivery to ultimate destination
Abante's Logistics services, for incoming raw materials and/or outgoing finished parts, stem from an obvious connection to our contract manufacturing and procurement / sourcing services. When accessing the lowest cost vendors across the globe, export logistics requirements such as local documentation, customs clearance, licensing, tariffs, and shipping modes / methods become new challenges for our customers. By employing country-specific logistics specialists, Abante helps customers increase reliability from their new, often overseas, supply chains.
Abante offers component, sub-system, and complete system assembly services to our customers. We maintain both U.S.-onshore and -offshore execution capabilties.
General technical capabilities include:
- Panel wiring
- Cable harnessing
- Wire harnessing
- Case/cabinet types include plastic and sheet metal
- Chassis installation of electronic components
- Specialty plating
- Encapsulation / potting / curing
- Gold and Silver Soldering
- Fabrication of high frequency / microwave housings
- Complete testing and inspection capabilities
- Electrical testing
- Environmental and thermal shock testing
- Accelerated life testing
- Functional and system testing
- Rework and modification
- RF shielding engineering
- Electronic Manufacturing Services (EMS)
- Component purchasing/sourcing
- Component kitting
- Labeling / stamping
- Order fulfillment
- Logistics services